Sunday 28 December 2014

Christmas Presents

So hand painted shoes seems to be my new thing, they're a christmas thing this year. 

My mum is a very caring and giving person, her favourite colour is orange and her favourite animal is the elephant.
So I bought her an orange pair of Toms shoes, (for every pair of Toms that are purchased, the company gives a pair of shoes to a child in need) and I was going to just paint elephants on the shoes, but it progressed to African animals. I used some of my photographs that I took when we were in Holiday in South Africa as reference. Here are the finished product: 


For my car crazed mechanic of a father, I bought a plain pair of white Vans and painted Formula 1 related things on them. I used photos of Red Bull and Michael Schumacher as reference and also painted a rough shape of the Bahrain and Abu Dhabi tack on the left shoe. (The Bahrain and Abu Dhabi tracks because my dad has been to both, the Bahrain track more than once, as he lives in Saudi Arabia, which is driving distance, and Adu Dhabi was his most recent trip.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment